WEDensure (a division of NW Insurance Brokers Ltd.) collects and uses personal information and of clients' employees for the sole purpose of providing clients with products and services suited to their needs. WEDensure does not sell client personal information or lists to any third party.
WEDensure has a responsibility to protect the personal information it receives as part of providing products and services and as such, it has appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee this process.
WEDensure collects and uses personal information for various purposes including:
- to establish and maintain communications with the client,
- to assess needs and offer products and services,
- to complete applications,
- to gather underwriting information,
- to obtain quotes of insurance,
- to bill products and services,
- to service and maintain client policies,
- to provide claims information,
- to comply with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Should other purposes arise, they would be identified for the client at or before the information is collected or prior to use, unless required by law.
Consent will be obtained for either the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except as permitted by law.
WEDensure will not collect, use or disclose the client's personal information for purposes other than those identified unless express consent to do so is obtained.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
The information collected by WEDensure will be used and disclosed only for the purpose it was originally collected or where it is required or permitted by law to do so.
WEDensure will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and/or to meet legal or contractual requirements.
WEDensure will maintain records as accurate, up-to-date and complete as is required to fulfill the purpose for which the information was collected.
WEDensure will protect the client's personal information in a manner that is appropriate to the sensitivity of such information.
Upon submission of a written request to our Privacy Officer, clients may obtain details as to the personal information we have on file regarding them, and as required, could be provided access to this information. Clients can request that their personal information on file be amended for the sake of accuracy and, where appropriate WEDensure will do so.
WEDensure would consider your consent to the collection, use and disclosure to third parties such as insurers to be express, upon receiving from you personal information destined to allow us to provide you with a product or service. Entities providing WEDensure with personal information of their employees have a responsibility to obtain prior consent from such employees. Your consent can be withdrawn in writing at any time except in certain circumstances where WEDensure is directed otherwise by law. Unless you withdraw your consent, it is deemed to last for as long as is required by the purpose for which the information was collected, even if you cease to be a client of WEDensure.
Your consent is required to provide you with a product or service. Should you withdraw consent, you understand it may prevent us from providing you with the product or service you have requested from us.
Personal Information includes the following:
- Name, address and telephone number,
- Date of birth, family and marital status,
- Credit rating and payments record,
- Prior insurance experience including claims history,
- Driver's licence number, vehicle identification number (VIN) and driving record,
- Banking and credit card information ,
- Medical and health information,
- Employment and income information.
"Personal Information" does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization (information that would normally be found on a business card or publicly available directories or websites).
Corporate Privacy Officer
Our Corporate Privacy Officer may be contacted by mail as follows:
Nancy Wells, Corporate Privacy Officer
WEDensure (a division of NW Insurance Brokers Ltd.)
1962 W 11th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V6J 2C6
Disclosure Notice Pursuant To Sections 90 and 94 of the Financial Institutions Act
The Financial Institutions Act requires that the information contained in this Disclosure Notice be provided to a customer in writing at the time of entering into an insurance transaction.
- NW Insurance Brokers Ltd. is licensed as a general insurance agency by Provincial Insurance Councils in Canada.
- This transaction is between you and the insurer stated on the enclosed insurance documents.
- WEDensure does business with the insurer by using the intermediary.
- The insurer has no interest in WEDensure.
- Upon completion of this transaction, WEDensure will be remunerated by way of commission or fee by the insurer.
- The insurer is prohibited from requiring you to transact additional or other business with the insurer or any other person or corporation as a condition of this transaction.
Consent to the Collection, the Use and the Disclosure of My Personal Information Subject: Insurance
As is necessary for the purpose of my file, I specifically consent that my broker, WEDensure and the insurer providing my insurance policy, for the time required to fulfill this purpose:
- gather all the necessary information from the holders of my prior insurance files, intermediaries in the insurance industry, insurance companies, financial institutions, credit agencies, government records establishing driving experience, prevention, detection or repression of crime agencies, institutions that gather and compile data on insurance risk or losses, and any other entity, professional or organization, which can provide information necessary to the processing of my insurance portfolio.
For the purpose of establishing the premium and the assessment of risk; and for the purpose of verification, assessment and settlement of losses:
- Communicate, in the case of my brokerage firm, the information obtained to insurers with whom it is doing business; in the case of my insurers, to institutions that gather and compile data on insurance risks and losses and to prevention, detection or repression of crime agencies.
I acknowledge having been informed of my right to access to information obtained by virtue of the present consent and to have it corrected, if need be.
Furthermore, I acknowledge having been informed that I may address all questions regarding the present consent to my broker and/or my insurers. The name of the person in charge of Privacy issues within WEDensure & NW Insurance Brokers Ltd. is Nancy Wells (Corporate Privacy Officer).